Quick And Easy Ginger Beer Recipe
A long glass of ginger beer over lots of ice is one of my favourite drinks on a warm summer's day.
At one time ginger beer was brewed as an alcoholic drink but today, with one or two exceptions (alcohilic ginger beer is now commercially available), if you ask for ginger beer you will be served with a carbonated soft drink.
Traditionally ginger beer is made using a ginger beer plant but here I am going to share with you my quick and easy ginger beer recipe, and, in addition to tasting fantastic, the ginger (and there is plenty of it in my ginger beer recipe), is also well known for its medicinal benifits, as an aid to; nausea, digestion and colds.
Ingredients you will need
How To Make Up The Quick And Easy Ginger Beer Recipe
- Put the ginger, sugar, cream of tartar and lemon rind in a large bowl, and pour the boiling water over them. Leave to infuse until cool.
- Add the lemon juice and stir.
- Rehydrate the yeast in warm water with a little sugar in it, and add to the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with muslin and leave in a warm place overnight (two nights if you're brave).
- Strain off the liquid and bottle.
- Drink after 48 hours.
Ginger Beer Cocktails
Ginger beer is a long, refreshing drink on it's own but if you are feeling a little more adventurous or in a party mood then try one of these Ginger Beer Cocktails.
Traditionally this Ginger Beer cocktail is served in a copper cup, but a tall glass will be fine.
Fill a tall glass with ice cubes.
Add the vodka, ginger beer and lime juice.
Stir until everything is combined and garnish with a wedge of lime.