Easy Christmas Pudding Flavoured Vodka
Have you noticed that flavoured Vodka's are becoming really very popular recently?
There are the fruity flavours like Blueberry, Green Apple and Lime… and then the more unusual such as Toffee, Espresso and my 'homemade' Christmas Pudding Vodka!
Well, OK, so I didn't make the vodka itself, but I often buy a bottle to add the flavour myself and the Christmas Pudding flavour is kind of unusual, and perfect for the festive season!
Making this flavoured Vodka is really quite easy, and, if you like giving homemade Christmas presents then this would certainly be well received in some quarters!
And don't throw the leftover vodka soaked dried fruit away when you have finished, it is just the perfect thing for making Drunken Mince pies.
What You will Need To Make This Christmas Pudding Vodka
- 1 x 75cl bottle of vodka
- 300g mixed dried fruit
- 75g caster sugar (this makes a syrupy liqueur style drink, use less sugar for something sharper)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp ground mixed spice
- ½ finely grated nutmeg
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Put all of the ingredients, except the vodka, into a large bowl and stir them together.
- Now pour the vodka over the top, stir, then cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge.
- Leave in the for 3-4 days for the flavours to infuse, stirring daily.
- Line a sieve with muslin cloth (a new clean jay cloth is a good substitute).
- Place the sieve over a large jug and pour the infused vodka through, leaving the liquid to drip through into the jug.
- Put the spiced fruit in a clean dry jam jar and store in the fridge*
- Pour the Festive Christmas Pudding Vodka into a clean dry bottle and store in the freezer.
*The reserved dried fruit is ideal for making Festive Drunken Mince pies.